Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wishful thinking....

There are some things I wish I had never done and some things I wish I had never seen, places I wish I had never been. There are images I wish I had never allowed my eyes to linger upon and words I would rather not have heard and even more words that would have been better left unsaid. 

There are failures that it would be nice to forget and emotions that would be nice to recall. There are people with whom I have lost touch who once were called my friends and some people I never took the time to get to know would have enriched my life but at the time I did not know what I did not know.




The thing is I can't go back and relive those moments and rewrite my story I only have TODAY in which to live and choose and to make the most of the new opportunities , challenges and adventures that life throws up every day.
As that is  the case I choose to stop my wishful thinking and instead live each day with intention and purpose believing that I am made for something bigger than myself and that in the big scheme of things God has a perfect plan and purpose for me to fulfil in spite of my past failures and regrets.

My future is secure as I hope in God and as I go forward into another day or another week I can truly believe with all my heart that "the end of a matter is better that the beginning " and that
"the best is yet to come".

No comments: