Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Three things I know

Sometimes it pays to keep things really simple and focus on the most important things that we know to be absolutely and infallibly true.

Here are three things that I am focusing on right now

#1. I am broken....
No matter how much personal development I do and how many times I seek to effect positive change in my life I see time and time again that there is a brokenness within me that I cannot fix all by myself. Yes I see potential but right now I see a lot of brokenness.

I am broken because of my past failures, I am broken because of foolish choices, I am broken because of deliberate disobedience to Gods law. I am broken because of hasty words and broken promises, self pity and negative thoughts, lazy habits and selfish desires. I am broken and so I say things I don't mean and hurt people I don't mean to hurt. I am broken and so I let down the ones I love the most, and in the final analysis I don't even live up to even my own expectations.
I know I am broken

#2. You are broken too...
Whoever you are reading this blog you will immediately recognise yourself in the words above because you too are broken for similar and many other reasons. You could be the best person on earth, you could be rich and famous ,  you could be very religious, you could even be the Pope, but you are still broken.

You know it and so do I.




#3. Jesus came to fix broken people...

In the past 12 months in my journey of faith I have seen God do a deep work on the inside of me in areas that I thought  were never going to be fixed. I know for sure that Jesus has really fixed me in a powerful way and I and others can see the difference. There is still much to fix but I am convinced that He who has begun a good work in me will bring it to completion as I continue to follow and trust His words and His ways.

I know that Jesus is the great healer who in his own words said that he had come for the sick who needed a doctor. We all need to have Jesus fix us in some way and his invitation is plain and for everybody who knows they are broken.

Come to me all you that labour and are heavy laden,
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light....and you will find rest for your soul.

No comments: