Thursday, August 02, 2007

First Blog Ever!
yep this is my first attempt at a blog and so if it sounds arkward its because I am trying is on for size and am still unsure about how I feel about putting my thoughts and stuff out there.
so here goes....

Life Changes
After working solidly in the familiy business for the last 16 years I am starting to develop some other options which I feel are more in line with my own personal vision for who I am and what God has made me to be. I am essesntially a people person and and as such am totally motivated by the idea of developing people and helping them to realise their own potential. I gues I have been doing that in many ways over the last 25 years but it has mainly been in a Church based setting...I am begining to see a wider picture emerging.

So after much heart seraching and several years of personal development (which has included leadership and management training, a qualification in the teaching of adults and a diploma in NLP ) I am starting up a personal and corporate performance coaching business. I hope to combine this with the management training I have been delivering at several local colleges and eventually make a living from it!!

The idea is that I will still work in the familiy business but that over the next few years will gradually develop the new business so that at least half my income can be generated from life coaching and training activities. It has been an exciting time but also challenging as it has meant a lot of re thinking not just for me but also for my co directors who had not expected this to be happening so soon. All I know is that this is a path I have to go down.

So I have been very busy networking,researching and studying like crazy since September 2006.

You can see my new website which was published in the last few months if you visit
www.proactivefutures.co.uk.

any feedback on the site will be appreciated.

Cheers for now and God bless you all.

No comments: